Have you tried selling your home without success? What could be turning off buyers? Well, if you are struggling to find the right buyer for your property, it is important that you find out why this is so before your property listing overstays on the market, making it completely difficult to sell.
Besides, when you know what is turning off your buyers you can be able to make a decision on the improvements you need to make or even opt for an easier method of selling your house.
You will acknowledge the fact that we all have different tastes and preferences that affect the decisions we make including buying a home. Consequently, while some people view purchasing property as an investment, others tie it to the quality of life they will experience for the next few years.
Consequently, property buyers that are financially motivated tend to be fussy because they know of those features that instantly put off buyers making it harder for them to sell the property in future. Some of the reasons that may be turning off buyers making your property not to sell home fast include the flowing:
- Location – if your home is good but it is located in a bad area, selling it can be quite an uphill task. More and more buyers are realizing the importance of location when buying, selling or even in the ownership of property. Thus, you will do well not to spend too much on home improvements if your home is locate in an area that is prone to crime or has untidy streets. Sometimes it could be that the place was nice when you moved there but things went downhill. Thus, you need to understand the limitations of your property and manage them accordingly when setting your asking price and even negotiating the final price.
- Bad décor – A home with a poor aesthetic appeal will definitely not attract buyers. While it is true that aesthetic appeal is a personal and subjective matter, there are a few rules that can help you to sell your house easily. For instance, you could paint the house in neutral colours, giving your house a spring clean and being cautious with the décor. Some of the décor issues may be a little costly such as fixing an outdated bathroom or even kitchen cabinets that have bold colours.
- Structural problems – This is perhaps the most serious reason why many people are unable to sell their houses because of being worried of being stuck with a home with problems with the walls, foundations or roof among other things. Therefore, you will do well to take time and check if your house has visual signs of structural issues or even where a surveyor has highlighted areas of concern as it could be very difficult to sell your home unless you get this fixed.
When selling your house, you need to be alert to the numerous factors that are bound to be a setback when selling. This way, you can address the issues of concern in your marketing strategy and sell your house fast.
How to Sell your house Quickly
Have you found your next dream home and you want to sell your house fast? You definitely want to avoid being part of a chain as this can be a nail biting process. However, there are a number of things you can do to speed up the selling process. They include the following:
- Taking the timing and market conditions into account
If your move is not sensitive and you do not want your house to sit on the market for a long period, you will do well to consider putting it up for sell at a time when there is demand especially during Autumn and Spring. Remember, it is usually harder to find a buyer during summer and winter.
You will also do well to keep tabs with the happenings in the market you are hoping to sell your house. In particular, you need to be informed of any developments that could affect the saleability of your house. You should also keep an eye on how fast the houses are selling, as this may well be an indicator of how fast yours will sell. You may want to talk to estate agents to help your get a feel of demand and agree on a realistic asking price.
- Make your home a blank canvas for potential buyers
If you have lived in the house for a long period, chances are that it has a feel of your personality. This can be a hindrance to your plan to sell fast. Therefore, you will do well to rid the home of those things that are unique to you giving prospective buyers an opportunity to picture themselves in the home. You can achieve this through decluttering. Fixing any wear and tear, tone down on outdoor décor if any and ensure the house is neutral and spotless before you allow viewings.
- Instruct a solicitor early
Conveyancing is one of the things that takes a lot of time in the property sale process. Thus, the sooner you get a conveyancer the better, as things will begin to move immediately a new buyer is found. Besides, the conveyancer could even begin to draft a contract and handle other administrative paperwork long before a buyer is found.
- Consider the position of each buyer
It is a huge advantage if you are selling your house fast to a cash buyer or even a first time buyer without a chain. Where the purchase does not rely on selling their current home or even securing a mortgage, then there are minimal chances of everything falling through. Similarly, if the buyer has a good sized deposit ready to go or even a mortgage agreed in principle then this will sure speed up the process.
Do not shy away from negotiating because you definitely want to get the best possible price for your home. Even then, you must keep their buying position in mind. For instance, if you are to choose between the offer with potential delays and hiccups or one that is straightforward, you will definitely go for the one with a reduced price for the sake of simplicity and speed.
- Sell your house to a property
If selling your house on the open market is fruitless and slow yet you need a quick house sale, you may want to consider selling your house to a quick house sale company. This is an excellent way of avoiding the delays and risks associated with having a chain without compromising on the price.
Well, selling your home to buy a new one can be one big yet most stressful transaction that you will ever make. Even then, it doesn’t have to be a nightmare. Rather, you just need to know how to sell your home fast to make this process less stressful. Ultimately, be sure to research carefully and seek expert advice before venturing out.